Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Was a pretty good day in many ways. Lots of food, fun and family. My brothers were together for the first time in a loooooong time. That was good. Don was feeling good, after spending the night in the hospital earlier in the week. I was glad to see that.

Every year it gets a little more strange to go spend the holidays with the ex and his family. Not sure why but it does. Maybe because the kids are grown and don't need my "protection" anymore? Really not sure. I think a part of it is because I missed someone- TD&H, who was hundreds, maybe thousands of miles away. But then maybe not, since we don't do well on holidays...another topic for another post.

Or maybe it was the bittersweet fact that this was the last holiday that I will have with my daughter living with me. At least until I'm old and in diapers. Not a pleasant thought. YUCK! She moves today. I know she's ready for it. But I'm not. Or not as ready as I could be, but then I might never be totally ready. Mom misses her already. OK- I know, she's going to be like 5 minutes away. But it won't be the same. Maybe it will be better. Who knows.

More on this later. TIME TO GO SHOPPING NOW- BLACK FRIDAY HERE I COME!
Blessings,
TC

No comments: