Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Having More Patience

My scripture for today was Zechariah 4:6- "Not by might nor by power but by my spirit", says the Lord of Hosts.

What did that mean for me, for today? It meant that God doesn't work in the way I would, or in the time I would. He works in His time, through the Spirit. So, for today I was going to try and have more patience, and wait for His time, to pray more, to be grateful for what I have and not to worry about everything under the sun.

I didn't do very well at much of this. Well, I did pray more than I have been. That's good. I'm on a mission to have a deeper faith...or at least get back to where I used to be. So that was good. Patience, well, that went out the window about 10 minutes into the work day. AND let me just tell you- I prayed a lot throughout the day for more patience. For more forgiveness. For more grace, for myself and others. Did it help? I'm not sure, but I did get through the day without confronting anyone. That's a good thing. So, prayer helped.

Worrying...I always worry. I think it's hardwired deep in my soul. I worry about everything. I wish I didn't. This season, the holiday season, always brings more worries. That, I have figured out, lies in my childhood, and most of my adult life as a single parent. Life hasn't always been easy. But it has been fun, and full of love. And that's what counts. So, it's all good.

Hopefully tomorrow I will do better on whatever my scripture is, and how it makes me feel. I'll let you know.

Prayers and love,
TC

No comments: