Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Power of Prayer

Ever pray? Yeah, maybe sometimes- ok, more than that, but not nearly enough. Ever wonder if your prayers matter? I do. Sometimes I think it's just a waste of my time (and His). Do my prayers really make a difference? Have I accomplished something by praying, have my prayers been hear, and does God really answer MY prayers. All difficult questions to answer.

Over the last few months I've been praying that my sweetheart, S.O. or ?(insert the term of your choice here) would get the appointment at a specific church, (he's a pastor). I was, am, really excited about this church, for a variety of reason, the main one being that I really feel like this is a place where we as a couple can work in ministry together, to grow and spread the kingdom of God. What a great thing that would be for all involved- the church, but closer to home, for us as a couple. To love one another, and have God at the center of that relationship, well, that's about as good as it gets, for me anyway. (Richard might have other ideas- he is so from Mars sometimes!)

Ok- well that prayer has been answered. His start date is Nov. 1. I'm so excited for him! But wait-what about me? I'm not pastor's "wife"(for lack of a better term) material- heck I'm not sure that I'm congregation material! I don't know the right things to say, the right things to do, and I'm not really big on the right things to wear either!

And politics- I am not, and probably never will be politically correct, or suave. In fact office politics tend to go right over my head. I've led a "sheltered" life, and am pretty naive. And for the most part I like that- what you see with me is what you get, I don't sugar coat things or really embrace things like that. A spade is a spade.

OK, so where does that leave me? Eating a lot of crow, or pulling my foot out of my mouth? Probably both. I know one thing for certain- God has been hearing my prayers, and answers them. Maybe I need to learn to be more specific- who knows? Like perhaps, let me not be a problem in this move, and show me what it is You want me to do? All I know is that the ride starts, and I just pray that I'm a help to this career move and not hurtful to him in any way.

Be careful of what you pray for- God is an awesome God and answers prayers that we have no idea on what to do with...
Until next time, blessings...

No comments: