Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall is in the air

Wow, it's cold today. I broke down and turned the heat on- I had promised myself I wouldn't do this until AT LEAST Thanksgiving- but it's really cold today. Some promises are meant to be broken! I think I need to move south!

Actually, as strange as this sounds, I welcome the fall and coming winter. It brings new beginnings, with the new church and all, but more than that it signifies the end of 2007- something I never thought would come. As I look back on this year I am truly thankful that God has been with me through all the troubles, heartaches and trials that have happened. The one really good thing that has come out of this year is the well of faith I have found inside myself, and the love that God has shown me, the support and the strength.

It's been a year of growth in that aspect. As I look back at it I wonder why it was so important to grow, and have I learned all I need to learn, grown in the ways I need to grow and gotten to the place where I need to be? I'm really not sure on any of those accounts. Then I transgress of into thoughts of- did I really need to have my house destroyed, or, why did Lori have to die, or why did the people who stole from me need to do that, or why the rollercoaster ride in personal matters? None of it makes much sense. I know I'll never get the answers I need to these questions-but one thing is certain- it is all coming to an end- 12:01 am on 12-2-07 signifies a NEW YEAR! (at least to me)- and on that date, as I have so many, many times in the past months, I will thank God once again for seeing me through, and embrace whatever the day may bring!

God is good. Embrace the day, minute and hour- and give thanks for all He's done.
Blessings,
Teri

No comments: