Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Power of Prayer and the Holy Spirit.

God is so awesome! I experienced first hand today the power of prayer, and the Holy Spirit moving in my life and the lives of people around me, people that I hardly know, and it's led me to a new level of understanding of the awesome power of God.

Last night I felt the urge to pray for someone I don't really know. I thought this was a little strange, but am working on that obedience thing, so I was game. I lifted up a few prayers, and shared the thought with someone close to my heart, who also lifted up a prayers of his own. I found out today that the person we had prayed for had been having a night filled with pain and felt pretty alone. When I shared my story of praying for her with her, the tears came, and she was awed at the way God works. She felt pretty alone, and was blessed to know that God was looking out for her during this time of turmoil.

While this was a blessing to her, it was even more of a blessing to me. See, I often think that God doesn't listen to me- not because He doesn't care, but well, because I don't really matter. But you know what- God wouldn't use someone who doesn't matter to do His work- and prayer is work. There are many days when I'm so down that I don't think that I will be heard, so I don't feel like it matters or not. But that is so wrong!


With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. Eph 6:18

Therefore,having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.Romans 5:1-5

Until next time, keep Pam,Mike and their family in your prayers.

Lord, thank you the growth that you've led me to.Thank you for your son, for the Holy Spirit that touches us and fills us, allowing us to do things that we don't think in our power. Lord I come before you tonight with the plea for peace for Pam, for her family and friends. Lord heal them, guide them, and let them work towards your purpose and strength. Lord be with me every day, every minute and every second, clearing my path that I may come ever closer to the work you call me to do. In Jesus name, Amen.

GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: