Monday, July 9, 2007

A Hope

Sounds a little pompous, and more than a little strange doesn't it- Stand upon a mountain. Maybe I should clarify myself- that's a goal, a dream, a life wish. It's a metaphor, a line from a song, a way of life to be lived. It's a hope. The hope to live a life that means something, that when life is over the past is remembered with joy and happiness, but the future, the life we are promised in Christ is attained, and that the days on this earth are spent living the way God, Jesus calls us to live.
The title of my blog comes from the Third Day song, Mountain of God.That song really speaks to me- broken and afraid. We must walk through the valley to stand upon the mountain. This is about valleys, and living in 2007( and hopefully years to come) the way I perceive God calls me to live. It's a chance to share thoughts, seek community and to reach out to others. It's about reaching for the mountain in the ways I know how.
Ok, well it's a start. One day at a time.
Blessings,
Teri

No comments: