Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Day 2

Wonderful day today. Lots of baking. Some great recipes. I did figure out that I've spent a little too much time on church stuff this week, at least in my opinion. Designed the bulletin, printed and folded the bulletin, worked on a newsletter (that is taking a bit too long to get together), spent most of the day baking for church tomorrow- from scratch, mind you- banana bread, pumpkin bread, and a chocolate cinnamon coffee cake. How yummy does that sound?
So, what did I do for me today (thinking of being selfish here)? Well, I crocheted for me. I'm working on a throw for me- yes, for me. I never make anything for myself. So this is fun- the colors are great- neon pink, orange and lime green. Love it. The colors make me want to get it all done. Can't wait.
Oh well, time to find a good movie or curl up with a good book.


Here's the recipe for the coffee cake- Yummy!
Blessings,
tc

CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. dairy sour cream
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 c. chopped nuts
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light. Add eggs, beating well. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. In small bowl mix brown sugar, 1 teaspoon sugar, cinnamon and nuts.

Pour half of batter into well-greased tube pan or 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture on. Pour on remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.

No comments: