Sunday, September 23, 2007

Really Cute Kids



Are these girls great or what? Finally- something to take photos of that I love! No, really, I"m starting to get the hang of it- just had to show off these two- my step-grands. I had them most of the weekend, so many of my photos for this week feature them. Good thing they like getting their picture taken, although Lily was pretty tired and was not willing to smile. I call that her-"Grandma Teri has worn me out look"- wish I could say that it made bedtime easy- but that was NOT the case. Riley has her usual look, a combination of determination and devilment. What a combo- one of these days she'll take the world on single handed- and win!
It's great being a grandma- (or step grand)- God really has this figured out- I came to the conclusion yesterday, sometime between Chucky Cheese's, grocery shopping with these two, church and bedtime, that menopause is a great thing. I used to consider it a curse- didn't seem fair to me that men could have kids until the day they die, but women are cut off, (and in my case that happened unnaturally early), but now I get it. Who has the strength to do this 24/7? Not I said the fly!
But really, it was great. A blessing, one that I can't thank God enough for. In fact, this whole weekend was great. Time with God, time with my girls, and time with my sweetheart. Life doesn't get any better than this!
Until next time- may God bless and keep you and hold you close.

No comments: